The NSW Government will invest more than $3.6 million in regional tourism businesses and organisations across the State, with funding allocated from the Regional Visitor Economy Fund.
Minister for Regional Tourism John Barilaro said, “The investment will be shared right across NSW, including Port Stephens, Coffs Harbour, Dubbo, the Snowy Mountains and the Central and South Coast.
“The successful applications show the wide range of experiences that will be on offer for travellers to Regional NSW.
“From eco-friendly cabins to waterparks, regional tourism businesses are innovating and expanding, which will help attract tourists of all ages and interests to boost local economies,” Mr Barilaro said.
The successful RVEF applications announced to-date are:
Round Two – 2014-2015 RVEF Contestable Fund
• Port Stephens Tourism Ltd: “Altogether Perfect” Business Tourism Marketing Campaign, Stage 2 – $140,210
• Emerald Beach Holiday Park: Solitary Islands Marine Wildlife Kids Water Play Park – $295,217
• Aspen Parks Property Management Ltd: Creating a Waterpark and Four Premium Cabins – $500,000
• Conbrae Pty Ltd: Building a 4-Star Resort – $500,000
• Glenworth Valley Horseriding Pty Ltd: Constructing and Promoting a Major Function and Event Centre – $500,000
• Lucsan Pty Ltd as Trustee for Schatzle Family Unit Trust: Constructing Six Eco-Friendly Cabins – $500,000
• The Big Banana Pty Ltd: Constructing and Promoting a Major Waterpark – $500,000
2014-2015 RVEF Quarantined Fund
• North Coast Destination Network: $52,500 to support the Legendary Pacific Coast Wotif.com marketing campaign
• South Coast Regional Tourism Organisation: $391,000 to support the Unspoilt destination marketing campaign
• Snowy Mountains Tourism: $200,000 to support promotion of the 2015 and 2016 ski seasons
• Snowy Mountains Tourism: $100,000 to enhance the current spring, summer and autumn marketing campaigns
For more information on the RVEF go to destinationnsw.com.au/rvef