Safe Work NSW is currently offering rebates of $500 for businesses with 0–50 full-time employees to become smarter and safer. The small business rebate gives money back to small business owners who adopt a solution to a safety
problem in their workplace (see attached fact sheet). Investing in safety solutions helps you:
- prevent incidents, illnesses and costs to your business
- build safety skills for you and your staff
- access free safety advice
- demonstrate to your community that you are serious about workplace health and safety.
There are only four steps to receive the rebate;
Step 1 – Attend
- First, attend an eligible WorkCover safety workshop, live webinar, program, event conducted by WorkCover, or have an advisory visit from a WorkCover officer. Call 13 10 50. (Please note, the currently no any live webinars, when live they will be listed on http://www.safework.nsw.gov.au/health-and-safety/how-we-can-help/online-safety-webinars). You can opt for an advisory visit if you wish, they are free of charge.
Step 2 – Solution
- Select and implement a safety solution from the list on pages 2 and 3 and get a *paid tax invoice, receipt or proof of purchase. The item you would like to purchase must be purchased after you attend an eligible safety WorkCover event, as outlined in Step 1.
Step 3 – Claim
- Claim up to a $500 rebate by completing and signing page 5 of the application form. The application form is available by calling 13 10 50 or at workcover.nsw.gov.au
Step 4 – Receive
- Send copies of your paid tax invoice(s), receipt or proof of purchase with your completed application form to WorkCover:
Small Business Rebate Program
Locked Bag 2906
Lisarow NSW 2252
Fax: (02) 9287 5514