Getting to the Macleay Valley Coast
The Macleay Valley Coast is located 422km north of Sydney and 502km south of Brisbane, just off the Pacific Highway (exits at South Kempsey and Frederickton).
Getting here by car
- 4.5 hours drive north of Sydney CBD via the Pacific Highway
- 5.5 hours drive south of Sydney via the Pacific Highway
- 4 hours east of Tamworth via the Oxley Highway or take the 3.25 hour scenic route east from Armidale via Waterfall Way
Getting here by air
Coffs Harbour & Port Macquarie Airports are the closest Airports to the Macleay Valley Coast.
- 1 hour drive south of Coffs Harbour via the Pacific Highway
- 45 minute drive north of Port Macquarie via the Pacific Highway
Private planes and helicopters may fly into the Kempsey Airport.
Getting here by train
Getting here by coach
Premier Motors and Greyhound services run from Sydney to Brisbane along the Pacific Highway. Kempsey has five coach services travelling to Brisbane or Byron Bay and five services travelling south to Sydney daily.
Busways offers three services each way from Kempsey to Port Macquarie on weekdays and two services on weekdays during the school holidays.